Stores for 5 yrs and burns for 6 hours
- 1 new quart size Paint Can with lid (can be purchased at ACE, Lowes or Home Depot)
- 1 roll Toilet Paper (cheap kind and NOT jumbo sized)
- 1 bottle 70% rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl not ethyl)
- 12 oz can (chunk chicken type) with holes drilled in and vents cut around bottom, or #10 can w/vents (we used a #10 can)
- paint can opener (free from Lowes or Home Depot)
- Remove cardboard roll from inside toilet paper and discard
- Fold toilet paper to fit inside the paint can
- SLOWLY pour rubbing alcohol over toilet paper until covered.
- Cover tightly with lid. Tap it down with a rubber hammer and it won't leak.
The first page of this PDF is a printout of the Stove in a Can. You can cut the bottom off and glue it to your can for future reference.
Here you can see how the stove (the small can) can fit inside a #10 can.
Your cooking pan will fit right on top. Make sure your #10 can has enough holes for ventilation. The PDF pictures shows a 12 oz can used for cooking.
Snap on your lid from the #10 can and it can hold your matches and a small paint can opener. You'll need the paint can opener to get your stove open.