- Under beds: One sister replaced her bed frame with number 10 tin cans. She said the bed frame was easier to collapse and store somewhere else.
- In a closet: Build and extra shelving if possible or extend shelving that is already there. Place water/ food storage under your coats in your coat closets.
- Decorative ledges: If you have high vaulted ceiling with decorative ledges that is another source of storage.
- Food Storage Furniture: Make end tables out of food storage and cover with a decorative cloth.
- Garages or Decks: Caution make sure you don’t put you heat sensitive material out there. We do live in a hot desert.
There is nothing really special about how or where I (Lisa) store my food storage (it's just in a closet), however... last year I had NO food storage or 72 hour kits. I started coming to the Self-Reliant meetings that Tonya, Holly and Rachelle started, and it got me inspired AND smart about shopping. All the food storage that I have is from shopping smarter during my weekly shopping trips (and once a month Cannery). My grocery bill has actually gone down AND I have food storage!